FACTORY SUPERVISOR – MILTON KEYNES (UK HEAD OFFICE/WAREHOUSE)
You will be leading a team of Production Operatives in the day to day production operation. Your key objective will be to ensure that products are manufactured and assembled in accordance with the company’s strict quality standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that production schedules are maintained and that cost and waste targets are achieved. This is a hands-on production role working from the shop floor and you will be required to demonstrate and exercise leadership, team building, training and staff motivational skills. You will assist with the introduction of new work methods, modifications and liaise with production
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will ensure that all products are manufactured, assembled or otherwise processed and packed to agreed quality standards.
- You will perform visual inspection of goods from any point during the manufacture and assembly process through to despatch of finished goods.
- You will carry out visual manufacture, assembly and packing process checks, record findings and report any issues to the Operations and Quality Managers.
- You will approve despatches by signing off paperwork to acknowledge that agreed quality standards have been met.
- You will carry out training on build methods and required quality standards for all operatives.
- You will review build methods and improve, streamline where required.
- Liaise with Design and Engineering to update BOM’s, drawings as required.
- In conjunction with the Quality Coordinator you will write standard operating procedures for all production processes.
- You will promote and ensure compliance of all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental legislation including housekeeping of all areas.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar organisation.
- Strength of character to be able to effect and facilitate change.
- Quality control and procedure orientated.
- Ability to promote best practice and good house-keeping and safety.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Quick to understand, learn and devise or apply ideas.
- Previous experience of ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 implementation an advantage.
- Computer literate, in particular Word
- Managing and motivating staff.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible, proactive and the ability to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working with and contributing within a team environment.
APPLY FOR THE ROLE
If you feel that you possess the requirements above along with the drive and ambition, then we would love to hear from you! Please submit your CV and salary requirements to email@example.com
*STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*