HEAD OF NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – MILTON KEYNES (UK HEAD OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a Head of New Business Development, reporting to the European General Manager, to drive Tensator’s sales and profitability growth by identification, acquisition and initial development of new customers before handover to our business development and account management teams. This role will take responsibility for selling Tensator’s products and solutions to prospective new clients, identifying new opportunities for products and solutions offered by the company across a variety of industry sectors. The successful candidate will work alongside the UK Sales Manager in Milton Keynes and with the senior management team to grow sales through deployment of Tensator’s value-based selling proposition coupled with the use of their own relationship development and negotiation skills.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
Take full responsibility for the research, identification, prospecting and acquisition of new, scalable customer accounts.
Work closely with the senior management team to develop customer acquisition strategies to obtain maximum sales volume and profitability.
Work with the UK Sales Manager to ensure a smooth handover of accounts to the business development management and account management teams once the appropriate level of sales has been reached.
Build a new business prospect pipeline for both current and subsequent years.
Maintain a clear vision of product marketplace, focusing on new product potential and opportunities, establishing new sales and marketing areas.
Coordinate development of value-based sales presentations, establishing and leading the pitch to key prospects and clients.
· Ensure that agreed, standardised, prospecting tools and processes are used at all times.
· Develop relationships with decision makers at executive level within potential clients.
· Maintain current knowledge of corporate sectors and proactively seek to identify emerging trends.
- Proven relevant SME experience in new customer acquisition for manufactured product, preferably in the retail or mass transportation industries.
- A background in queue or customer flow management would be especially desirable.
- Engagement in product development.
- Understanding of technology to a level of proficiency necessary to speak with authority in regard to the Company’s solutions.
- Ideally the successful candidate will reside within commutable distance to Milton Keynes.
Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding customer-facing skills including communication, presentation, and customer advocacy.
- Ability to present a confident, articulate and outgoing persona with the ability to establish professional connections with key decision makers.
- Demonstrable, deep rooted business relationships at senior level within retailers, banks, airports and transport providers, healthcare and public sectors, leisure and sporting venues.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong professional image while excelling in problem solving skills.
- Excel in interpersonal relationships supporting a team environment.
- Good spatial awareness and the ability to visualize solutions in real-time.
** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES **
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and bonus, company car, Group Company Pension Scheme with Life Assurance and other benefits.
If you feel that you possess the requirements above along with the drive and ambition, then we would love to hear from you! Please submit your CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org