RETAIL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – BAY SHORE, NEW YORK
We are currently seeking a Retail Business Development Manager to drive revenue by introducing our Retail centered In-Queue Merchandising Solutions to high value retail targets within the North American market.
As part of this role, the successful Business Development Manager will develop new retail partners specifically within the Retail sector through the consultative sale of our In-Queue Merchandising systems. The BDM will develop a detailed sales strategy aligned with the company’s requirement of growing our retail business within the North American market.
The Retail Business Development Manager will deliver existing and long standing partner relationships with “C-Level” contacts at Fortune 500 Retailers, supporting both client needs and the needs of the business within the Retail sector. The successful candidate will demonstrate a compelling capability to institute our merchandising and in-queue management solutions within a retailer’s selling space, helping to maximize transaction counts and a higher check average per store.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased avenues of business.
- Cold call within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Ability to meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Research and build relationships with new clients. Plan approaches and pitches.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company leaders/Principals.
- Develop relationships with senior decision makers (CEO’s, CFO’s, CMO’s, VP Marketing, VP Store Development/Store Formatting) within potential clients.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Work closely with SVP & GM to develop customer acquisition strategies to obtain maximum sales volume and profitability.
- Develop and oversee the marketing function and ide ntify the key marketing strategies for successful new customer acquisition and sales growth.
- Maintain a clear vision of product marketplace, focusing on new product potential and opportunities, establishing new sales and marketing areas.
- Coordinate development of value-based sales presentations, establishing and leading the pitch to key prospects and clients.
- Ensure that agreed, standardized, prospecting tools and processes are used at all times.
- Maintain current knowledge of corporate sectors and proactively seek to identify emerging trends.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system (Salesforce) timely.
- Proven relevant small and medium sized enterprise experience in new customer acquisition for manufactured product, preferably in the retail or mass transportation industries.
- Demonstrable ability to reshape a web, social media and PR strategy with the clear aim of acquiring new, profitable customer accounts.
- Sound understanding of financial planning and effective management of a sales and marketing budget.
- Prior people and team management experience
- Engagement in product development.
- Understanding of technology to a level of proficiency necessary to speak with authority in regard to the Company’s solutions.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Quarterly visits to meetings held in Bay Shore, New York, US headquarters.
- Have a hunger and drive to be successful in a competitive market
- Outstanding customer-facing skills including communication, presentation, and customer advocacy.
- Ability to present a confident, articulate and outgoing persona with the ability to establish professional connection with key decision makers.
- Demonstrable, deep rooted business relationships at senior level at Fortune 500 retailers, banks, airports and government institutions.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Prospecting and closing skills
- Strong professional image while excelling in problem solving skills.
- Excel in interpersonal relationships supporting a team environment.
Apply for the role
If you feel that you possess the requirements above along with the drive and ambition, then we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
*STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*