Empathetic, expert and engaging customer service staff brings great profit to your business by building a healthy relationship with your customers. Offering quality product in attractive packaging is just not enough to gain customer loyalty as consumers look for intangible services that only a courteous, talented and experienced customer service team could fulfill. A client may forget the product after its usage but not the services provided by your staff at the time of purchase. Therefore, it is necessary to equip your business with the tools to provide a seamless and enjoyable customer journey.
Your employees are your brand ambassadors. Their etiquette and customer support help shape the client experience. This is essential for maintaining a long-lasting relationship with your customers.
Have a look at the Tensator® tips for improving the customer journey.
- Build up customer support skills
- Patience, stability and empathy. Customers might be irate at times. You must be well versed to handle their moods and to deliver friendly and patience service every time.
- Treating customers fairly. It can be difficult giving every customer the time they deserve, especially when you can see a queue building up behind them. Implement a single line queue, so that if there is a delay with one customer being served, other customers in the queue can access the other open tills. Allowing customers to be served in the order they have arrived helps to eliminate queue rage and improves overall satisfaction.
- Improve customer interactions
- Pro-active communication. Clear signage can help convey important messages to your customers. Whether it is to communicate the latest sales promotion or whether you use signage for way finding. Customers are less anxious when they feel properly informed, and this helps improve the customer journey and helps boost loyalty to your business.
- Follow-up after resolving an issue. Stay in touch with customers after fixing a problem. Increase satisfaction by sending them an email, feedback forms or making a phone call to ensure that the issue has been resolved.
- Plan an efficient customer service strategy
- Get personal. Interact with your customers to enhance your credibility. Keep your websites, social media pages and other interactive platforms updated and quickly respond to the queries and posts of customers.
Improving the customer journey can go a long way to building customer loyalty to your business, which in turn can boost your revenue and profitability. Ensuring your business has the correct tools to communicate with your customers will be key to your business success.